Flyleaf are a five-piece, multi-platinum alternative, hard rock band (made up of members KRISTEN MAY (vocals), SAMEER BHATACHARYA (guitars), JARED HARTMANN (guitars), PAT SEALS (bass), JAMES CULPEPPER (drums).
The band last month released their new album ‘Between the Stars’ and the lead single ‘Set Me On Fire‘ is available now. Below we quickly caught up with lead guitarist; Sameer Bhattacharya to talk new music, playing live, future plans and more.
1. How has the last two years motivated you as a band for this new album?
The last two years have been a learning experience for all of us. We have been reminded that we can’t trust in our own plans and schedules for our lives. Forces beyond our control always intervene and remind us that we aren’t in control.
2. How has the response been to the new record so far?
The response to Between the Stars has been overwhelming positive. We’re grateful for all the love it’s been receiving.
3. What was the biggest high for you; writing and recording or playing the new songs live?
Writing, recording, and performing the songs live are all equally intoxicating.
4. What plans do you have for the rest of 2014 on the road & beyond?
Flyleaf is starting a US tour and doing a few acoustic shows in Europe.
5. Away from music how do you pass the time as a band on the road and between shows?
On the road we all pass the down time differently. I like to read and go on walks around whatever town we’re in at the time.
6. Where have been some of your favourite shows across the country? Is there a spot you enjoy playing the most?
Every place we visit has a certain individual charm about it if you choose to see it. I enjoy every town for different reasons.
7. What tracks are playing on your tour bus right now?
I’m listening to Kid Cudi and Iggy Azalea.
8. Can the UK & Europe expect to see you in the future?
We’re hoping to be in Europe in 2015!